The Governing Body
What are Governors?
Governors are like a Board of Directors and make decisions about how the school is run. They meet at school at least once a term. They are an integral part of the Management structure, working closely with staff and parents to ensure St Philip's continues to provide the best opportunities for learners.
Governors are appointed to help:
- Decide what is taught;
- Ensure the school delivers a broad and balanced curriculum;
- Set standards of behavious.
School Governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities:
- They can only act together;
- They cannot act individually;
- They submit a report to parents annually;
- A meeting is held at which the report is discussed.
Our School Governors:
|Chair of Governors:||Mr Peter Riley|
|Vice Chair of Governors:||Mrs Sharon Sacks|
|LEA Representative:||Miss Kate McGough|
|Teacher Governor:||Mr John Cooper|
|Foundations Governors:||Father Vincent Coyne OSM|
|Mr David Leyssens|
|Mrs Karen Kehoe|
|Mr Stephen Kaye|
|Dr Imelda Hughes|
|Mr Daniel Connell|
|Parent Governors:||Mrs Jemma Todd|
|Clerk to Governors:||Mrs Mary Boardman|